Friday, March 22, 2013

Day two with no pain pills!


AHHH... Today has been substantially worse than yesterday. And I feel like the pain pills where my inspiration. I can't write anymore, and I can only write a small paragraph. This bothers me a little bit. A friend of mine told me, while I was on my pain meds, that there was many great authors who wrote great novels while on the crack pills. And now I am only on tylenol/ibuprofen which is giving me inspiration to write anything. This is no good for many reasons. I have this blog that many of you have been reading frequently, and if the writing starts to suck (not saying it was good to begin with, but you people were at least reading it) no one will continue to read about my nub recovery. I also am currently writing for a music web site. I write reviews on new albums which has been a ton of fun. I have listened to a ton of new music and learned to write a little better. So I have come to the conclusion that I can only write when under the influence in pers/viks/methadone/oxy. Because this is now the case I will never write again and enjoy it. So I thought that once my nub is all healed up I can take up drink alcohol everyday, and see how that works. I'm just kidding, but for a split second it was a thought in my head. Anyways we will get back to things that matter here. I hurt like crazy. The pain is a funny pain, not like the kind of pain where it almost makes me want to laugh—like the kind of pain that I have never felt before. It’s like my leg is claustrophobic and has a bunch of bruises that are constantly being tapped by little child fingers. This feels terrible and I have a mad attitude. So Arianna, I apologize for my attitude and promise it will leave with my pain. Thank you for all who have stuck with me and continue to visit the blog. Also thank you to those of you who continue to donate towards my prosthetic. I have had three of you who have donated a large amount that I don’t even know. So thank you so much it means a lot and warms my heart knowing that there are still humans out there who want to help other humans. It has given new life to my opinion of the human race. So with everything I can muster, I say thank you SO MUCH!!!

You Stay Classy Tacoma (and surrounding areas)
DREW

2 comments:

  1. I love you honey, praying for God to inspire you in your writings, I think it is so wonderful that you are writing about your experiences, maybe when this is all said and done, you can write a book to inspire others that will someday have to walk that same journey you were placed on. It wasn't for no reason, and God will bring beauty out of ashes, that is HIS promise to you!!!!!!
    Love you my son!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew, there are many of us that are reading your blog. Your writing is exciting and changing as does the changes in your body, mind, and heart. Quite facinating. You will see when you read back on this later down the road on your recovery in life. So, keep on writing! Hugs! Julie

    ReplyDelete