Saturday, March 16, 2013

First minor accomplishment !!!

As most of you know, I currently have a soft cast on my stump. When leaving the doctors office last Wednesday, my clinician told me I should make as many efforts as possible throughout the day to stretch and bend my leg. The doctor said it would take a little bit of time for me to be able to bend my nub down to my hamstring.

I went home and started stretching my leg out, and I tell you what, it wasn't easy nor was it pain free. I pressed through and continued to stretch out my nub. Last night, as I was doing my physical therapy, I was able to stretch my nub down to my hamstring!!! It was my first minor accomplishment. It hurt badly, it was no fun, and yet I pushed myself and got it done. I was so happy.

BOOM!

You stay classy Tacoma (and surrounding areas)

DREW
 You have the heart of a CHAMPION beating inside your chest. You are a beast my son! Though this road ahead may be hard, the end result will be pain free mobility and the freedom to do the things you have been dreaming about since your accident. I can't wait to see you running around the baseball diamond, standing on a surfboard catching the perfect wave., or simply walking with a normal gait,pain free! You can do it son! You inspire me.
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment