Sunday, March 17, 2013

Thoughts about the past


For the last couple of days I have had some really odd things happen. My pain has gotten much worse. I’ve been having ghost pain, and no matter how much sleep I still feel tired.  I can’t help but think about my other surgeries and the struggles I faced, and for what? A bunch of years full of pain and a leg that held me back from doing just about everything I wanted. I have missed out on so much since 2007. So many turkey bowls, concerts, camping/fishing/hunting trips and fun things that I loved. I say loved because I truly think that I tried to force myself to stop loving things that I used to be passionate about. In a way, it has stripped away some of the best parts of me. I have often wondered where I would be, if for that fateful moment, I wouldn’t have closed my eyes. If I would have had all extremities working fully for the past seven years, where would I be?

I have realized that after I get my new leg, I will be getting back all of those things that I have missed so dearly. I can play in this year’s turkey bowl, I can play on a softball league, I can go on a 15 mile hike—I get myself back again. Deciding to cut off my leg was the best decision I have ever made in my life. I would like to thank all that have supported me in this journey and walked through this with me. It has meant the world to me.

Now for something completely different. There have been many of you who have contacted my mom and brought Arianna and I dinners every night since the day I came home from the hospital. I wanted to thank you so much! It has made our lives much easier. I would also like to thank those of you who are still on the list to bring me food. You all rock.

Lastly, I would like to thank you for following my blog. I have had nearly 5000 views since the blog started. Thank you so much to those of you who have donated to my “Let’s get drew an awesome prosthetic fund”. What we need is for everyone who visits the site to donate 1 dollar (100 pennies). I will ultimately, when all is said and done, need around 4-6’000. So if you visit the blog, one dollar donations will make a huge difference (And if you wan to donate more feel free. 1,000,000 pennies will also be excepted). Shameless self promotion! : )

You stay classy Tacoma (and surrounding areas)

DREW

No comments:

Post a Comment